top of page
Interimsearch Interim executive Interim professional Interim Nordic interim Executive search   Representation Swedish office Swedish representation       Export Accelerator Go international Export sales     Coaching Coach Nätverk Ledarskap
Make It In Sweden

Make It In Sweden

Provide consultancy services for studying abroad, working, and settling in Sweden.

We believe in empowering individuals to make their own choices and design their own lives. Sweden is an excellent choice for those seeking a high quality of life, exceptional schools, medical care, and work-life balance. As the country's population ages, there are abundant opportunities for ambitious individuals to establish careers and families in Sweden.

Our goal is to facilitate your needs, the employment market's needs, and the overall need for qualified individuals to contribute to Sweden's future success. We offer a range of services to support your relocation, business establishment, recruitment, and job search needs.

Our visa, work permit, and residency services provide tailored support to guide you through the application process and ensure that you meet all the necessary criteria. For those looking to establish a business or invest in Sweden, we offer practical, hands-on support to help you navigate the market entry process and make the right connections with buyers, agents/distributors, and professional support services.

We understand that relocating to a new country can be daunting, which is why we offer comprehensive relocation services to help you with everything from housing and schools to healthcare and language training.

Our international recruitment services leverage our extensive network and expertise in international recruitment to find the right talent for your organization, while our reverse recruitment services help job seekers secure their dream job in Sweden by acting as their advocate in the job search process.

Our priority is to empower you to achieve your goals and thrive in Sweden.

Information about working in Sweden and visa requirements.  


There are different options to enter Sweden to work and apply for a visa, work permit, or residence. We offer consultation and guidance on the best option for you and support you throughout the process, handling applications and ensuring all documentation is in place to speed up the process.  


Are you looking to set up a business in Sweden?

We support registration, administration, accounting, and payroll in addition to securing your work permits.  


Getting residence, a work permit, studying or starting a business in Sweden


If you are a non-EU citizen, you need a work and residence permit before entering Sweden. The salary and other employment conditions must be at market levels in Sweden and the relevant labor union in Sweden must be given the opportunity to express its opinion on the terms of the employment. Additional requirements may apply for a work permit, for example in the case of employment with a company that has operated for less than one year. 


We take care of the process to fast-track your application for residence and work permits, the process can take up to 10 months even when all documents and forms are filed correctly.   


Initial permit to look for work or start a business (highly qualified people) 


If you have completed studies corresponding to an advanced level degree, you can obtain a residence permit to come to Sweden and look for work or explore the possibilities of starting your own business. 


The permit may be granted for a minimum of three months and for no more than nine months. During the period that you have this residence permit, your family cannot move to Sweden to live with you. 


Work permit  


To enter Sweden for work, you must be able to show an employment contract, signed by both parties (if the employment contract is in a language other than English or Swedish, it must be translated. A copy of the original document must also be attached) 


Your employment terms must follow Swedish rules and legislation within the relevant occupations and industries. The employer must pay enough to support you. In order to satisfy this requirement, you need to work to an extent that will result in a salary of at least SEK 13,000 per month before taxes. New rules are expected to be in place in 2024 increasing this to over SEK 30.000 per month before taxes.  


Business Permit 


We offer you a wide range of services when you want to establish or invest in Sweden: Starting a Swedish company is a good way to get into the work market and secure work and residence permit for yourself and your family members.  


  1. Determining and registering your company.  

  2. Residence and work permits 

  3. Tax advice 

  4. Labor law, contract strategy 

  5. Payroll and reporting 

  6. Accounting, auditing  


Whether you have just started to plan for an expansion to Sweden, or you are already here, we can provide you with cost-effective solutions and act as your one point of contact to support you in reaching your goals. 

Permanent residence permit  


We support you in applying for a permanent residence permit. We deal with your application and ensure you comply with the requirements of supporting yourself financially as an employee or as a self-employed person.  


Visa for studies, research,  doctoral exchange student 


Securing a visa for studies can be an easier route to Sweden than work permits. You need to have an invitation or proof of acceptance from a university in Sweden have money to support yourself and for the return trip home, and have medical insurance that covers costs that may arise in connection with emergency medical treatment. You also need to show that you intend to leave Sweden before your visa expires.  


Permits for a family member of a person who has a work permit 


We guide you through the process of securing permits for family members in addition to your work permit. Are you looking to get permits for your wife, husband, cohabiting partner, or your children? One requirement is you must have enough income to cover the cost of housing and living expenses for family members.  

bottom of page